Monday, January 14, 2013

REVIEW: Jeni's Splendid Malted Milk CollaBARation Bar






Jeni's Splendid ice creams are epic, so when I came across this chocolate bar collaboration that they did with the Askinosie Chocolate company, I had to try it, although the $9.95 price made me balk. I found this item at The Goddess & Grocer, a small deli/grocery chain store in Chicago. The product info on their website described the flavor as:

floral notes met with strawberry, vanilla, and a barley malt sweetness. Creamy, velvety smooth.

I'm just an average gal with a sweet tooth, no world-class palate here. I couldn't taste the strawberry. I got a teeny hint of malt, kinda, or maybe it was wishful thinking from my wallet.

Pros: really cute packaging

Cons: mediocre taste, expensive

Rating: 2.5/5

Price: $9.95 for 3 oz.

Overall Thoughts: I rated it higher than a 2 because it didn't taste bad, but it didn't deserve a 3 because of its price. Nothing in the taste distinguished it from a $2-$3 "artisan" chocolate bar readily available at a grocery store.

*Along with this item, I had purchased Vosges Haut-Chocolat's Mo Bacon Bar. That was supremely delicious with flavorful tidbits of crunchy bacon. If memory recalls, it cost around $7. Unfortunately, we ate it all before remembering to take pictures of it haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment