Saturday, January 12, 2013

REVIEW: Jeni's Splendid Brown Butter Almond Brittle














After trying & absolutely loving Jeni's Splendid Hummingbird Cake, and then their Brambleberry Crisp, I was excited to try their Brown Butter Almond Brittle. I would have tried it earlier if it weren't for the price tag of $11 per pint T_T.

Pros: massive chunks of delicious almond brittle. The brittle didn't shatter my teeth either; I could bite and chew it with no problems. Plentiful amount of almonds in the brittle. The caramel sauce was a much welcome addition that made this flavor even more awesome. And the ice cream base was a perfect creamy consistency with a flavor that complemented and helped showcase the main attraction, which were the mix-ins.

Cons: None, except the price.

Rating: 5/5

Overall Thoughts: the price is a deterrent, but for the high quality and unique flavors, this is definitely worth trying. I highly recommend this. I feel that Jeni's Splendid could do no wrong with their ice creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment