Saturday, January 12, 2013

REVIEW: Graeter's Vanilla Ice Cream



I rarely ever pick vanilla ice cream. I like it, but I prefer flavors with a ton of mix-ins. However, my brother was wanting vanilla. I've heard good things about Graeter's and their French pot process, that their ice cream is dense with little air, so we went with Graeter's Vanilla.

Pros: dense

Cons: nothing remarkable. Also, it's expensive at $4.59 for a pint.

Rating: 3/5

Overall Thoughts: Nothing remarkable, left no lasting impression on me. Won't be purchasing again. However, I'm piqued by their Elena's Blueberry Pie flavor, except that I can never find it in-store.

*Of note: there was a somewhat gummy/chewy texture, and if you bit into the ice cream, there was a distinct crystallized texture (maybe from the sugar?). It wasn't unpleasant, but it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment