Friday, February 15, 2013

REVIEW: Häagan-Dazs Midnight Cookies & Cream







Well guys, it's been awhile since I let myself have ice cream haha. Also, it's been frikken cold in Illinois lately what with the snow and sometimes rain. I broke my ice cream fast when I snagged this flavor at Walgreens for around 5 bucks.

Pros: mild chocolatey base. Nicely-sized chocolate cookie mix-ins, and they were dispersed well enough so that each spoonful of ice cream had a piece of the brownie-like cookie. The mix-ins were the highlight for this flavor. Compared to the brownie mix-ins used in Ben & Jerry's, this had less of a flour-y taste to them, which I liked, but there weren't any outrageously huge chunks found like I usually find in B&J's.

Cons: none, but kinda boring, no surprises or an "OMG SO GOOD" reaction.

Rating: 4.5/5

Overall Thoughts: This was good, but I wasn't impressed. I didn't have trouble putting it back into the freezer. I can't think of a situation where I would buy this again, but I think that it performed well with the flavor and mix-in quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment